Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oklahoma BBQ

Tried my first Oklahoma BBQ this evening. This local favorite (no
chain food here) is called Smoky Allen's. I tried the 3 meat plate. The
chicken was incredible. Seasoned with pepper and I think it was
smoked and even though it was white meat it was very tender and
juicy. Second was the bologna which was OK but probably won't get
again. It was very minimally seasoned it at all. Last meat was the
chopped beef. It has fine chopped with heavy sauce mixed in. I have
really decreased my beef intake to nil bit really enjoyed it.
Macaroni salad was nothing to write home about but tasted good. The
Cole slaw was amazing! I think it was homemade because it had a
"dirty" appearance with lots of spices- a real treat. Topped it all
off a big glass of unsweet tea. Cost less than $10! Can't wait to go
back.